Many of my clients get great results with their healthy eating plan and then BOOM the holidays hit. Many people gain an average of 7-10 lbs. between Christmas and New Year's Eve. If this time of the year is a struggle for you, ask yourself if over eating is worth blowing your progress. Make the those family get together's special, but still productive for your health.
Here are some tips that help our clients...
1. Drink plenty of water the day of your event.
At least half your body weight in ounces. Example: 150 lbs divided by 2 = 75. So 75 ounces a day is the minimum.
2. Mix our favorite Fiber from Systemic Formula's in water and drink it 30 minutes before your meal.
This will make you less hungry and studies show that fiber binds with sugars and simple carbohydrates that pass before they absorb into the blood stream. This will help stabilize blood sugar levels. This prebiotic Fiber is absolutely essential for re-colonization of beneficial probiotic species in the G.I. Tract, and helps maintain and proliferate beneficial colonies. This is a Psyllium free product.
3. We have a few supplements that we keep for events such as these just for our clients.
We know that we aren't going to be perfect eaters all the time. We call it the "Weekend Warrior" stack. The products are by Systemic Formula's, and the first one is called Z-Glut. This formula is a combination of concentrated enzymes and herbs designed to support the digestion of gluten and casein. The second product is Enzee. Enzee is a potent herb-based formula containing highly effective enzymes that focus on carbohydrate breakdown.
4. Allow yourself 2 hours during your event to eat whatever your want.
Feel satisfied and NOT upset that you were not able to resist the savory dishes. Understand that it will speed up your metabolism which will make this meal work in your favor instead of against you. (Remember your metabolism works like a furnace not a calculator). After the 2 hour mark stop eating. Jump right back on your healthy eating plan at your next meal.
5. Send the left overs with family members and take none with you.
6. Follow your meal with Hot Lemon Water, or Organic Apple Cider Vinegar.
This is a natural way to aid in digestion, balance your stomach's pH and reduce acid re-flux or heart burn.
7. Strategically schedule your Light Sessions around these two days.
One day prior to your event, and the day after. Each session burns between 400-600 calories.